Friday, March 8, 2013

The Warlock And The Barber


The Warlock  And The Barber

By

Heather Lynn Doty

Morior twisted about his ragged beard, crumbs from yesterdays bread falling to the floor. Peering at his own image in the pool of reflection, the fact that he needed a touch up became all the more clear. His eyes were sunken with age,skin wrinkling with every minute like a child left in a bath for to long. His hair was shaggy and matted. His teeth were yellow with bits of meat sticking out from meals of days gone bye.
  "Yes it is about time I clean myself up." He said, turning to his pet Iguana.
  Maybe you should go to a barber. suggested Ziggy washing his dry scales.
  "Or I could just use a grooming spell."Morior replied. 
  Ha! Last time you tried that it made your ear hair grow to your feet, I would love to see that again. laughed Ziggy.  
  "Haw, haw vary funny. Sorry to get your hopes up, but I'm going to a barber." He said.
  Hopefully he shaves your head bald.Ziggy taunted.
  If I don't like what is done I shale deal with it my way, just as I shale deal with that mouth of yours. Zip it now! Zip it tight! Zip his mouth the rest of the night!Said Morior waving his wand. 
  Ziggy fell silent, and Morior began to grin. 
  Have a good night Ziggy I will be home before you know it. He said patting Ziggy's little head.
 Ziggy replied with an icy stair.
  "Hello there." said a young boy as Morior entered the shop.
  "Hello, I require your assistance for I need a trim of the beard and a cut of thy hair."replied Morior.
  Alright pleas take a seat sir.said the boy gesturing to the chair.
  The seat squeaked as Morior sat, and the boy began to snip his beard. The layers were ruff and full of grime. Bye time he was done with Morior's face the chair was filled with fur. 
  "Sir would you pleas stand so I may clean up all your hair."he asked.
  "You probably suck at hair." Morior whispered to himself. 
   Moving his body Morior's wand took action to his words, casting a spell.
  A few minutes later the cut resumed, and the boys hand soon had a mind of there own. He sniped it here. Choped it there. and soon the hacking came to an end. All that was left was one patch of hair.
  "What have you done?" Screamed Morior 
 I'm sorry sir I don't know what happened. Cried the boy.
  "Make him small! Make him fury! Do it now! Hurry! Hurry!"Said Morior waving his wand angrily. 
  When he arrived home he took the spell off of Ziggy.
   Love the hair cut. Ziggy laughed.
   It came with a Free pet. said Morior holding a mouse.
   Oh a new friend. Ziggy replied with glee.
   You two may talk Im going to sleep.He said.
    Hello.Said the mouse with a little squeak.
    Hello I'm Ziggy. The iguana replied. 
    I'm Tomas, I was a barber. Said the mouse.
    That's funny so was I. chuckled Ziggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment