Saturday, March 9, 2013

Surprisingly wonderful



Surprisingly wonderful

By

Heather Lynn Doty

It was finally there, after all those years, right in front of him. A pair of eyes identical to those on his own face. How could he have gone all those years with out even knowing? With out even so much as a call? So many birthdays missed. So many years wasted. 
  Who would have expected to here a door bell ring and receive a child? Perhaps the stork was real? All he knew was there was a child and a note.
   "Dear Josh, I never meant to hurt you. I just knew you didn't want to be apart of my life anymore that night you kissed Sarah. I didn't want to obligate you to be with someone you didn't love just because I was pregnant.I wanted you to have a good life, the kind of life I could not have. This is our son Connor. He is five now, his birth day is June sixth. He loves sesame street, ninja turtles, and loony tuns. His favorite foods are pizza, spaghetti, and chicken nuggets. If he can't sleep at night pleas sing to him billy Joel's lullaby. I am sorry to leave so many questions unanswered, and to just drop him off on you like this, but it was the only option I had. I was diagnosed with cancer a year ago and it has progressed so badly that I only have a few weeks left to live. I don't want Connor to see me like this, or to see me pass away. My last wish is that you would love, and provide for him as much as I have thees last six years. I am sorry I never told you, you are a good man and I know you would have been there. Just as I know you will be there now. When hes old enough to understand pleas tell him I did this because I love him. Till then if he asks about where I am pleas tell him I am on vacation.I love Connor with all my heart. And now at my final hour I must admit I love you more than I have ever loved someone.Thank you for giving me Connor. Love eternally your Jacqueline." She didn't understand. Josh had never loved another woman more than he loved her. As for Sarah, he was drunk. Who would have thought a single kiss would have ended in a child he didn't know he had for five years? looking down at the small boy he saw little bits of Jacqueline sown into every bit of him. The way he kicked at the ground because he was nervous,the freckles on his face,and oh god his smile it was hers. This little boy might be a frighting new experience but, Josh thought taking Connor in by the hand, if hes anything like his mother he will be the only other person he could ever love.

No comments:

Post a Comment