Thursday, December 5, 2013

Self Deprecation

Self Deprecation
By.Heather Lynn Doty

Every day I fight a war against the mirror.

Some days I even question why I'm here?

I am ugly, I am fat, I am this, and I am that.

My reflection is a joke, I tare apart, and poke.

Oh woe is me, why cant I let her be?

That girl has been knocked down by every one in town.

When she walks about her mind is filled with doubt.

Her smile so insecure, eyes hollowed out in fear.

She cuts into her wrist with memories of his fist. 

They tore her all apart, and abused her little heart.

They mocked her in the halls, and pushed her into walls.

They locked her in her head leaving her for dead.

They twisted all her good till there was nothing left they could. 

They made her so disgusting, a empty cage rusting.

Why couldn't they let her be? Why'd they turned her into me?

No comments:

Post a Comment